21 reasons to travel solo
This year was the year I decided to travel on my own, and I'm so glad I did. Initially, I was hesitant to travel by myself since I had always traveled with at least one other person in the past. But after eight months of traveling solo, I realized I prefer flying solo. Here is a list of 20 reasons why you should consider taking a solo trip:
- You can wake up however late or early you want.
- You don’t have to wait for someone else to get ready and...
- You don’t have someone else waiting for you to get ready.
- You can eat whatever you want, whenever you want.
- You can spend as little or as much as you want.
- You don’t have to do something every day if you don’t want to.
- You don’t have to get approval from someone else for your plans.
- You have more time to think and reflect.
- You can meet other travelers easily if you ever feel lonely.
- You become more open to new experiences.
- You can take more spontaneous adventures.
- You can get a lot of reading done.
- You learn more about your habits, likes, and dislikes.
- You feel more accomplished when get to your destination on your own.
- You can form your own opinion about a place.
- You become better at planning your own schedule.
- You can have romantic experiences without feeling guilty about leaving a friend behind.
- You can get a little space from your partner if you’re in a relationship or not-quite single.
- You become more resourceful.
- You become more self-reliant.
- You gain more confidence.
Have you traveled solo before? If you have, why do you like/dislike it? If not, what's holding you back? LMK in the comments!